- Let me tell you a story, Akara Art, Mumbai, India
- Deep Blue, Biennale Fotografia de Porto, Porto, Portugal
- IYEZA, NWU Gallery, Potchefstroom, South Africa
- Who are we if not nature, M.Bassy, Hamburg, Germany
- The Power of My Hands, Museu Nacional de História Natural, Luanda
- Gwangju Biennale, Gwangju, South Korea
- Black Skin, White Masks, Galerias Municipais Lisboa, Lisbon
- A clearing in the forest, Tate Modern, London
- IYEZA, Standard Bank Gallery
- L’Art dans la Cité, Foundation Dapper, Abidjan.
- Where shall we place the placenta, A Tale Of A Tub, Rotterdam (group show)
- El Spacio twenty three, Miami
Witness: Afro Perspectives from the Jorge M. Perez collection (group show)
- 51 @ 51: Collected works, Rennie Museum, Vancouver
- Amanzi angena endlini, Galeria Madragoa, Lisbon
- Body keeps the score, kunstenlab, Deventer
- IYEZA, National Arts Festival, Makhanda, South Africa
- Toronto biennale, Toronto, Canada
- All Eyes, AkzoNobel Art Foundation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Raw, Rembrandthuis, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- AmaHubo, Spier light festival, Cape Town
- Rethinking Nature, Madre Museum, Naples, Italy
- Amahubo, Iziko, Cape Town, South Africa
- Impilo Inegama, NMAG, Amsterdam (Solo)
- Woman to Woman, BODE Gallery, Berlin
- Goddesses Of Healing, M.Bassy, Hamburg, Germany
- Friendship.Nature.Culture. Daimler Art Collection, Berlin, Germany
- Vroom Vroom, BISO biennale, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Any Given Sunday, Rupert Museum, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Avalanche, Pal Project, Paris, France (group show)
- Homework, Galeria Madragoa (Group show)
- Colored [projections on] skin, CBK Zuidoost, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Vantage Point, Sharjah Art Foundation, Sharjah, UAE
- ukuQhaqha, Camera Work, Ravenna, Italy.
- Sonsbeek 20-24, Force Times Distance On Labour And It's Sonic Ecologies,
Arnhem, The Netherlands.
- The Power Of My Hands, MAM VP, Paris, France.
- That Hidden Thread, Nirox, Johannesburg South Africa.
- Step out of your body, enter new ones, Galerie Peter Kilchmann, Zurich, Switzerland
- Living, Forgiving, Remembering, Kunsthal Bergen, Norway
- Dedisa Ubumnyama (solo show), Cairns Art Gallery, Cairns, Australia
- Living, Forgiving, Remembering, Museum Arnhem, Arnhem, The Netherlands
- KIXIMBI, Curated by Paula Nascimento e Susana Sousa, South-South.art
- Cairns Art gallery, Australia
- Museum Arnhem, NetherlandsLiving, Forgiving, Remembering
- BODE Projects, Berlin, If yesterday was tomorrow what is today
- Indlovukazi, Woordfees, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Enemy of Progress, Bern
- Woordfees, Stellenbosch
- Viral portraits, Moderna galerija/Museum of Modern Art, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Materiality, Iziko National Gallery, Cape Town, South Africa
- Now Look Here, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Inkanyamba, Galeria Municipal de Almada, Almada, Portugal
- Art and Cosmology, JAG, Johannesburg
- Bamako Encounters, Bamako
- Cosmopolis #2, Centre Pompidou, Paris, France
- 14th Curitiba Biennial, Curitiba, Brazil
- OurSelfie, Mo Museum, Vilinius, Lithuania
- I SEE U: Imagining a space for freedom, Constitution Hill, Johannesburg
- Present Passing: South by South East, Osage Gallery, Hong Kong
- iNcence, NMAG, Amsterdam
- Film Festival: Screenings / Romano, Löffel, Siwani, Galeria Studio, Warsaw
- Solo show, othunjiweyo, Galeria Madragoa, Lisbon
- Buffer Zones, Platform, Vaasa, Finland
- Continental Drift, Cairns Art Gallery, Queensland, Australia
- iNcence, No Man’s Art Gallery, Amsterdam
- Qab’Imbola, WHATIFTHEWORLD, Cape Town
- The Eye Sees Not Itself, Nicodim Gallery, Los Angeles
- White blood blue night, Centre d'art contemporain d'Alfortville, Alfortville
- Investec Cape Town Art Fair, Solo presentation, Cape Town
- Tell Freedom, KaDE museum, Amsefoort
- Condo at Madragoa, Sadie Cole's HQ, London
- Encima, Galeria Madragoa, Lisbon
- COIMBRA Biennale, Coimbra, Portugal
-The House, Twil Art Studios, Johannesburg, Gauteng
-Dear History, it's not me, it's you, LBK/G Gallery, Hamburg, Germany
-O CÉU DOS OBLÍQUOS, Galeria Madragoa, Portugal
-Deep Memory, Kalmar Art Museum, Sweden
-Being There, Louis Vuitton Foundation, Paris
-#Dedication to Freedom, Winter Sculpture Fair, Nirox
-Ukutshona kuka Mendi, CAS Gallery, Cape Town
-Michaelis Master's show, Michaelis galleries, Cape Town
-Ingxowa yegqwirhakazi, WHATIFTHEWORLD, Cape Town
-Figure, Group show, Blank Projects, Cape Town
-Rote Fabrik, Pro Helevetia residency, Zurich, Switzerland
-Quiet Violence of Dreams, Group show, Stevenson gallery, Cape Town
-Imfazwe Yenkaba, ITC session 3, Langa, Cape Town.
-The Incantation of the Disquieting Muse – On Divinity, Parallel- and Suprarealities or the Exorcisement of Witchery, Savvy Contemporary, Berlin
-iQhiya group show, AVA, Cape Town.
-Indlovukazi, Njelele Art Station, Harare, Zimbabwe.
-Imfihlo, Worldart, Cape Town.
-Rose Korber Summer Salon, Provenance Auction House, Cape Town.
-Katarine Harries Print Cabinet Purchase Award.
-Imfihlo, Graduate exhibition, Michaelis galleries, Cape Town.
-Joburg Fringe, Johannesburg.
-Watch and Talk, 10 day residency, Zurich, Switzerland.
-Decolonising love, Liste art Fair, Basel, Switzerland.
-Revisiting the Latent Archive In Sites, Greatmore Studios, Cape Town.
-Towards Intersections; Negotiating Subjects, Objects and Contexts, Museum Africa, Johannesburg
-Scintilla, A show on Alchemy, Commune 1, Cape Town.
-Revisiting Sites, The Hostel, Cape Town.
-Between Subject and Object, GIPCA Live Arts Festival, Cape Town.
-Between Subject and Object, Michaelis Galleries, Cape Town.
-Just Do It! Creative strategies of survival, Alexandra Township, Johannesburg, funded by APEX Art, New York.
-Martienssen Prize Award, Museum Africa, Johannesburg.
-Graduate exhibition, Maboneng Arts Precint, Johannesburg.
-Vessel, Wits Substation, Johannesburg.
-Martienssen Prize Award.
-Domestomorphisis, Wits School of Arts, Johannesburg.
Image credit: Lauren Theunissen
Buhlebezwe Siwani was raised in Johannesburg, due to the nomadic nature of her upbringing she has also lived in the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu Natal. Siwani works predominantly in the medium of performance and installations, she includes photographic stills and videos of some performances. She uses the videos and the stills as a stand in for her body which is physically absent from the space. Siwani completed her BAFA(Hons) at the Wits School of Arts in Johannesburg in 2011 and her MFA at the Michealis School of Fine Arts in 2015. She has exhibited at the Michaelis Galleries in Cape Town, a site-specific exhibition in collaboration with APEX Art, New York City, in 13th Avenue, Alexandra township, Commune 1, and Stevenson in Cape Town.
Lives and works between Amsterdam and Cape Town.